with Alan Goldhamer, D.C., Joel Fuhrman, M.D., Pamela A, Popper, Ph.D., Milton Mills, M.D.
Connect with The Real Truth About Health: http://www.therealtruthabouthealth.com/
Passionate believers in whole food plant based diets, no chemicals, minimal pharmaceutical drugs, no GMO’s. Fighting to stop climate change and extinction. Please support the sponsors of our conference http://www.therealtruthabouthealthcon…
Part 1 with Alan Goldhamer, D.C., Joel Fuhrman, M.D., Pamela A, Popper, Ph.D., Milton Mills, M.D.
People go plant-based for lots of reasons. These include losing weight, feeling more energetic, reducing the risk of heart disease, decreasing the number of pills they take … there are dozens of great reasons! For even more inspiration, check out these other benefits you can expect when you go plant-based.
1. YOU’LL REDUCE INFLAMMATION IN YOUR BODY.
If you are eating meat, cheese, and highly processed foods, chances are you have elevated levels of inflammation in your body. While short-term inflammation (such as after an injury) is normal and necessary, inflammation that lasts for months or years is not. Chronic inflammation has been linked to the development of atherosclerosis, heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, and autoimmune diseases, among other conditions.
In contrast, plant-based diets are naturally anti-inflammatory, because they are high in fiber, antioxidants, and other phytonutrients, and much lower in inflammatory triggers like saturated fat and endotoxins (toxins released from bacteria commonly found in animal foods). Studies have shown that people who adopt plant-based diets can dramatically lower their level of C-reactive protein (CRP), an indicator of inflammation in the body.
Continue reading here: 7 Things That Happen When You Stop Eating Meat | Forks Over Knives
So many great articles on the FOK website! Please check them out and subscribe to their emails.
I received a heads up about several from Healthy World Sedona (HWS) News and also highly recommend subscribing to their newsletter.
We’re halfway through this 17-video series on COVID-19. If you’ve missed any, start with:
- Where Do Deadly Coronaviruses Like MERS-CoV Come From?
- The SARS Coronavirus and Wet Markets
- Where Did the COVID-19 Coronavirus Come From?
- The Last Coronavirus Pandemic May Have Been Caused by Livestock
- R0 and Incubation Periods: How Other Coronavirus Outbreaks Were Stopped
- Social Distancing, Lockdowns & Testing: How to Slow the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 Symptoms vs. the Flu, a Cold or Allergies
- Modifiable Risk Factors and Comorbidities for Severe COVID-19 Infection
Still to come:
- Would Zinc Lozenges Help with COVID-19?
- How to Avoid COVID-19
- Hand Washing & Sanitizing to Inactivate COVID-19 Coronavirus
- What to Do if You Come Down with COVID-19
- The Best Mask or DIY Face Covering for COVID-19
- How COVID-19 Ends: Vaccination, Mutations, and Herd Immunity
- The COVID-19 Pandemic May Just Be a Dress Rehearsal
- How to Prevent the Next Pandemic
You can download the whole series (for free) here, and take an even deeper dive in my new book How to Survive a Pandemic (note: all my proceeds from this book are donated to pandemic prevention charities).
If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my videos for free by clicking here.