Are there benefits to giving yourself a bigger daily break from eating?
Get the preface for Dr. Greger’s brand-new book, How Not to Diet, by subscribing to his free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
Isn’t that mindblowing about the circadian rhythm stuff? Calories in the morning count less and are healthier than calories in the evening. So if you’re going to skip a meal to widen your daily fasting window, skip dinner instead of breakfast. I’ll get to the best-of-both worlds study next in The Benefits of Early Time-Restricted Eating (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-b…).
If you missed any of the previous 12 videos in this fasting series, here they are:
• The 3,500 Calorie per Pound Rule Is Wrong (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-3…)
• The Reason Weight Loss Plateaus When You Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-r…)
• The New Calories per Pound of Weight Loss Rule? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-n…)
• The Benefits of Calorie Restriction for Longevity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-B…)
• Potential Pitfalls of Calorie Restriction (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/poten…)
• Benefits of Fasting for Weight Loss Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benef…)
• Is Fasting Beneficial for Weight Loss? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-fa…)
• Is Fasting for Weight Loss Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-Fa…)
• Alternate-Day Intermittent Fasting Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Alter…)
• Is Alternate-Day Intermittent Fasting Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-al…)
• Does Intermittent Fasting Increase Human Life Expectancy? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-…)
• The 5:2 Diet and the Fasting-Mimicking Diet Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-5…)
Joel Kahn, MD, of Detroit, Michigan, is a practicing cardiologist and a Clinical Professor of Medicine at Wayne State University School of Medicine. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Michigan Medical School and trained in interventional cardiology in Dallas and Kansas City. Known as “America’s Holistic Heart Doc”, Dr. Kahn is a diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine and maintains sub-specialty board certification in Cardiovascular Medicine. He was the first physician worldwide to complete the Metabolic Cardiology curriculum in conjunction with A4M.com/MMI and the University of South Florida.
Dr. Kahn has authored scores of publications in his field including articles, book chapters and monographs. He writes articles for MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, and Reader’s Digest and has five books in publication including Your Whole Heart Solution, Dead Execs Don’t Get Bonuses and The Plant Based Solution. He has regular appearances on Dr. Phil, The Doctors Show and Fox 2 News. He has also debated plant diets on the Joe Rogan Experience and has been featured with Larry King Live in a recent heart special. He has been awarded a Health Hero award from Detroit Crain’s Business. He owns 3 health restaurants in Detroit and Austin, Texas.
Dr. Kahn can be found at http://www.drjoelkahn.com.
Connect with The Real Truth About Health http://www.therealtruthabouthealth.com/ https://www.facebook.com/The-Real-Tru… https://www.instagram.com/therealtrut… https://twitter.com/RTAHealth
Passionate believers in whole food plant based diets, no chemicals, minimal pharmaceutical drugs, no GMO’s. Fighting to stop climate change and extinction.
Please support the sponsors of our conference http://www.therealtruthabouthealthcon…
New research is showing the profound benefits—for weight, longevity and fighting disease—of eating only during limited hours
Source: The Fasting Cure Is No Fad