Given the power of chronotherapy—how the same dose of the same drugs taken at a different time of day can have such different effects—it’s no surprise that chronoprevention approaches, like meal timing, can also make a difference.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and receive recipes developed by the NF staff that will fuel your fitness goals.
Wasn’t that chemo data wild? Amazing! And if you are on blood pressure medications, please share this video with your physician to ask to see if your timing is optimized.
We kicked off this chronobiology series by looking into the importance of breakfast when it comes to weight loss: Is Breakfast the Most Important Meal for Weight Loss? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-br…) and Is Skipping Breakfast Better for Weight Loss? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-sk…).
I didn’t want it to be all chrono all the time in case there were some people uninterested in the topic, explaining, for example, why the previous video was on an unrelated topic (The Effects of Hormones in Milk on Infertility in Women (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-e…)). I’ll keep doing that interspersing back and forth, but here’s the list of the rest of this punctuated series still to come:
• Eat More Calories in the Morning to Lose Weight (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eat-m…)
• Breakfast Like a King, Lunch Like a Prince, Dinner Like a Pauper (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/break…)
• Eat More Calories in the Morning Than the Evening (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eat-m…)
• How Circadian Rhythms Affect Blood Sugar Levels (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-c…)
• How to Sync Your Central Circadian Clock to Your Peripheral Clocks (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-t…)
• The Metabolic Harms of Night Shifts and Irregular Meals (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-m…)
• Shedding Light on Shedding Weight (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/shedd…)
• Why People Gain Weight in the Fall (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-p…) Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chron… and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it. Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chron…. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics. If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_… Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution! -Michael Greger, MD FACLM Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.” Image credit: Jan Vašek / pixabay https://www.NutritionFacts.org
• Subscribe: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• NEW BOOK – How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to…
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NutritionFac…
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/nutrition_facts…
• Podcast: https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/
Joel Fuhrman M.D., a board-certified family physician who specializes in preventing and reversing disease through nutritional and natural methods, and #1 New York Times bestselling author of Eat to Live, Super Immunity and The End of Diabetes, delivers a powerful paradigm-shifting lecture showing us how and why we never need to diet again.
You will understand the key principles of the science of health, nutrition and weight loss. It will give you a simple and effective strategy to achieve—and maintain—an optimal weight without dieting for the rest of your life. This new approach will free you forever from a merry-go-round of diets and endless, tedious discussions about dieting strategies. This is the end of dieting.”
Connect with The Real Truth About Health http://www.therealtruthabouthealth.com/ https://www.facebook.com/The-Real-Tru… https://www.instagram.com/therealtrut… https://twitter.com/RTAHealth Passionate believers in whole food plant based diets, no chemicals, minimal pharmaceutical drugs, no GMO’s. Fighting to stop climate change and extinction.
Hello, I’m Quinyatta!
Your Certified Health Education Specialist. Although I hold a Masters of Public Health with an emphasis in Community Health and I am in the process of earning a Doctorate in Public Health, my true superpowers come from my personal journey to health.
In 2013, I made the decision that I wanted to live. I mean really live the life that God destined me to have. I had reached the lowest point in my life and my highest weight. I was blessed to not be on any medication, but as a health educator, I knew that without a behavior modification — medication was going to be my destiny. My then 9-year presented me with a challenge. She wanted to climb Pinnacle Mountain for her 10th birthday. At my size, there was no way that I was going to climb anything. But because IamSHE and SHEisME I committed to a regular training schedule and a liquid diet. Over the course of 6-months, I dropped the initial 50 pounds.
Today, I am 175 pounds lighter. Over the next year, I plan to reach my final goal. I want to take the last mile of my journey with women who have been or are where I am….striving to achieve optimal health while maintaining curves. I do not have a desire to be skinny…I desire to be healthy…the healthiest version of me that is possible.
Join us for the Curvy Consciousness movement as we empower women of all shapes, sizes, and colors to embrace their feminine shape and take back their health. You do not have to be a size 2, 4, 6, or 8 to be healthy. Girl, embrace your curves. #SizeHealthy
VEGAN 2019 – The Film is sponsored by abillionveg – where you can find reviews and recommendations for vegan-friendly food, restaurants and products near you: http://bit.ly/2019vegan Subtitles in English, Spanish and Chinease. Narrated by Helen Millar: https://www.helenmillar.co.uk/
Note: there are two blank spots with no sound which last around 60 seconds each.
Joel Kahn, MD, of Detroit, Michigan, is a practicing cardiologist and a Clinical Professor of Medicine at Wayne State University School of Medicine. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Michigan Medical School and trained in interventional cardiology in Dallas and Kansas City. Known as “America’s Holistic Heart Doc”, Dr. Kahn is a diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine and maintains sub-specialty board certification in Cardiovascular Medicine. He was the first physician worldwide to complete the Metabolic Cardiology curriculum in conjunction with A4M.com/MMI and the University of South Florida.
Dr. Kahn has authored scores of publications in his field including articles, book chapters and monographs. He writes articles for MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, and Reader’s Digest and has five books in publication including Your Whole Heart Solution, Dead Execs Don’t Get Bonuses and The Plant Based Solution. He has regular appearances on Dr. Phil, The Doctors Show and Fox 2 News. He has also debated plant diets on the Joe Rogan Experience and has been featured with Larry King Live in a recent heart special. He has been awarded a Health Hero award from Detroit Crain’s Business. He owns 3 health restaurants in Detroit and Austin, Texas. Dr. Kahn can be found at http://www.drjoelkahn.com.
|Plant Based Transformation for Beginners Classes start January 9th in North Little Rock|
|Click Here to Learn More|
Before we switched to a Whole Food Plant Based (WFPB) lifestyle, like most people, we would steadily eat more and more decadent food throughout the month of December, culminating with the culinary bacchanalia of Christmas. I often felt so disgusting after all this dietary excess, that sometimes we would start our “New Years Diet” on Dec. 27th! Of course this would be some kind of crazy restrictive cleanse diet that left me in a state of continual mild hunger and I could typically never sustain it for more than a few weeks. As I got older, I began to realize that this New Year’s diet thing was just stupid because even though I would usually lose about 10 pounds, I NEVER COULD STICK WITH IT and would just gain the weight right back. So eventually, I just gave up on the New Year’s diets altogether.
Last year, my husband came home from the doctor with a diagnosis of pre-diabetes. I’ve been a cardiac RN for over 25 years and was mortified at this diagnosis after seeing so much suffering in my patients over the years because of Type 2 diabetes. I had heard that a WFPBD could reverse diabetes and so we tried it, and lo and behold, within 4 months, Paul’s blood work showed that his diabetes had been reversed!
A WFPBD is built around the healthy carbohydrates of fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains. A WFPBD is a HIGH FIBER DIET by design. The average American only gets about 15 Gm of fiber a day which leads to many dietary related illnesses such as colon cancer and many other chronic diseases. By contrast, a WFPBD aims to get about 40 Gm of fiber a day. This leaves you feeling full and helps fight perverse cravings that occur when we are nutritionally deprived. The satiety of a high fiber diet is the reason that a WFPB lifestyle is so successful for permanent weight loss. I know that once I get to a certain level of hunger, I lose all will power and will eat virtually anything I can get my hands on. I found that after I switched to this high-fiber diet (with no limits on portion sizes), I was never hungry in between meals for the first time in my life. This removed all the most common downfalls of desperation eating and the need to always meticulously plan ahead so I wouldn’t be trapped in a dangerous “hunger situation”. My husband and I both lost over 20# and have kept it off with seemingly little to no effort.
To get my favorite fiber-loaded morning smoothie recipe (packed with 16 Gm of painless fiber) and to learn about Plant Based Transformation for Beginners classes starting on January 9th in North Little Rock click here!
P.S. Use coupon code HEALTHY2020 for 10% off!