Miso is packed with sodium, which is linked to both stomach cancer and high blood pressure, so is it safe to consume?
[Prepare to be surprised!]
Indeed, miso paste, a whole soy food, can be used as a “green light” source of saltiness when cooking. That’s why I use it in my pesto recipe in How Not to Die. It can help you in Shaking the Salt Habit.
For delicious miso-containing recipes, check out:
Not convinced that salt is bad for you? Check out these videos:
- High Blood Pressure May Be a Choice
- Sprinkling Doubt: Taking Sodium Skeptics with a Pinch of Salt
- The Evidence That Salt Raises Blood Pressure
- Sodium Skeptics Try to Shake Up the Salt Debate
- Sodium and Arterial Function: A-Salting Our Endothelium
Not convinced that soy is good for you? See:
If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my videos for free by clicking here.
The original video aired on February 15th 2017