A randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study of a 5-cents-a-day food for ragweed allergy sufferers.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive our B12 infographic that covers the latest research takeaways and Dr. Greger’s updated recommendations: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
This is part of an extended video series about the benefits vs. risks of going out of our way to add nutritional yeast to our diet.
Here are some potential Cons:
• Does Nutritional Yeast Trigger Crohn’s Disease? (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/topics/…)
• Is Candida Syndrome Real? (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/topics/…)
• Dietary Cure for Hidradenitis Suppurativa (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/topics/…)
• Is Nutritional Yeast Healthy for Everyone? (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/topics/…)
Here are some potential Pros:
• Preserving Immune Function in Athletes With Nutritional Yeast (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/pres…)
• Best Food to Prevent Common Childhood Infections (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-…)
• Best Food to Counter Stress-Induced Immune Suppression (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-…)
• Benefits of Nutritional Yeast for Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Benef…)
What else can we do for allergies and airway inflammation in general?
• Best Food to Counter the Effects of Air Pollution (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best…)
• Preventing Asthma with Fruits & Vegetables (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/prev…)
• Treating Asthma with Plants vs. Supplements? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/trea…)
• Dietary Sources of Alkylphenol Endocrine Disruptors (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/diet…)
• Alkylphenol Endocrine Disruptors & Allergies (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/alky…)
• Laughter as Medicine (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/laug…)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-… and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-…. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_…
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution! -Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc…
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: meineresterampe / Pixabay https://NutritionFacts.org
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org