There are demonstrably no benefits to the hundreds of thousands of angioplasty and stent procedures performed outside of an emergency setting. They don’t prevent heart attacks, enable you to live longer, or even help with symptoms any more than placebo (fake) surgery.
Hold on. Why doesn’t opening up—and even propping open—a blocked coronary artery help? I address that next. This is the first video in a seven-part series on stents. Stay tuned for:
- Why Angioplasty Heart Stents Don’t Work Better
- The Risks of Heart Stents
- Angioplasty Heart Stent Risks vs. Benefits
- Do Heart Stent Procedures Work for Angina Chest Pain?
- Why Are Stents Still Used If They Don’t Work?
- Heart Stents and Upcoding: How Cardiologists Game the System
All of these videos are available on a digital download of a webinar I did last year, which also includes a series on statins. You can find it here.
If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my videos for free by clicking here.