Kellie and I have decided that going forward, we’ll send out some video segments of speakers, formal topics, or Plant Based Transformation stories to the email list, but still keep the Zoom chat private between participants in the live session as most folks seem to be more comfortable with that format.
So here’s some resources from our Zoom Chat last Thursday:
- Stephanie’s presentation of “Don’t Miss the Forest for the Trees!”
Based on the 80/20 Pareto Priniciple (20% of targeted effort will yield 80% of the results), Stephanie discusses the most IMPORTANT dietary changes you need to make FIRST to have the most impact on your health when considering switching to a Plant Based Diet.
And if you’re interested in learning more about Plant Based Nutrition and Chronic disease reversal, I have a 1 hour webinar explaining the basics, including “Where do you get your protein?!” and I have also converted my live courses to a self-paced online format that you can learn more about at naturalstateplantbased.com.
“Change your Food, Change your Life” Webinar link here: https://youtu.be/ERKOox2iKOw
- Our next Zoom meeting will be Thursday, December 17th at 7 pm. I’ll send out the Zoom link with a reminder the day before.
- Also below is Annie’s amazing chocolate hummus recipe! I think this is an absolutely brilliant and tasty way to add more legumes and fiber to your daily diet.I am also attaching below if you want to easily print it out.
Thanks to everyone who was able to join the meeting last week. I know everyone has busy schedules so hopefully you’ll get some value out of these emails and our Facebook page. https://youtu.be/ERKOox2iKOw
If you’re on Facebook, please post your favorite Plant Based Thanksgiving or holiday dishes or snacks to the page-this is how we all learn! FYI-for recipes, we would like them to be “No Oil”, but please don’t be overly paranoid-if there is a health issue with a recipe, I’ll post a comment below it and we’ll see if we can tweak it-I am too old to be part of the “cancel culture” mentality (if you don’t know what this is-consider yourself lucky and continue enjoying your life).
Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving and please be safe out there!
In health and hope,
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE HUMMUS
• 1 15 oz can of cooked black beans strained and rinsed 3 times
(OR substitute with great northern beans or garbanzo beans)
• 3 1/2 – 4 Tbsp maple syrup
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp salt (don’t use salt if beans have added sodium in them)
• 4 Tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa
• 1-2 Tbsp water (optional)
1. In a blender or in a food processor, combine all the ingredients except water, using just 3 1/2 Tbsp of maple syrup.
2. Puree until the mixture is smooth, about 30-60 seconds.
3. Add water 1 Tbsp at a time to create the desired consistency. Taste the chocolate hummus and add remaining maple syrup if desired.
· Ezekiel Cinnamon and Raisin bread (toasted)
· Wasa Multi Grain whole grain crispbread
· Ezekeil Muffins (toasted)
Put sliced bananas or strawberries on top if desired.