Vitamin B12 deficiency is known as “The Great Masquerader.” A look at the many facets of the symptoms.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free e-newsletter and receive a recipe from Dr. Greger’s brand-new cookbook, The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
This is the first in a 5-video series on B12. Stay tuned for:
• The Optimal Vitamin B12 Dosage for Adults (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-o…)
• Healthiest Food Sources of Vitamin B12 (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/healt…)
• The Optimal Vitamin B12 Dosage for Kids, Pregnancy, and Seniors (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-o…)
• The Best Type of Vitamin B12: Cyanocobalamin or Methylcobalamin? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-b…)
You can find all of these videos in a digital download here (https://drgreger.org/collections/down…), along with two additional videos that will be coming out in a few months.
Another consequence of B12 deficiency may be an increase in stroke risk:
• Vegetarians and Stroke Risk Factors—Vitamin B12 & Homocysteine? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/veget…)
• How to Test for Functional Vitamin B12 Deficiency (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-t…)
• Should Vegetarians Take Creatine to Normalize Homocysteine? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Shoul…)
• The Efficacy and Safety of Creatine for High Homocysteine (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-e…)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-s… and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-…. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_…
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution! -Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.” Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc… https://NutritionFacts.org
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org