Dr. Greger has scoured the world’s scholarly literature on clinical nutrition and developed this presentation based on the latest in cutting edge research exploring the role diet may play in preventing, arresting, and even reversing some of our most feared causes of death and disability.
I’m honored to bring you Food as Medicine, my annual talks on foods for dreaded diseases from back in 2015, which is still relevant today.
Every year I scour the world’s scholarly literature on clinical nutrition, pulling together what I find to be the most interesting, practical, and groundbreaking science on how to best feed ourselves and our families. I start with the thousands of papers published annually on nutrition and, thanks to a crack team of volunteers (and staff!), I’m able to whittle those. They are then downloaded, categorized, read, analyzed, and churned into the few hundred short videos. This allows me to post videos and articles every day, year-round, to NutritionFacts.org. This certainly makes the site unique. There’s no other science-based source for free daily updates on the latest discoveries in evidence-based nutrition.
For more on dreaded diseases see:
- How Not to Die from Heart Disease
- How Not to Die from Cancer
- How Not to Die from Diabetes
- How Not to Die from Kidney Disease
- How Not to Die from High Blood Pressure
- What Is the Healthiest Diet?
- How Not to Die: An Animated Summary
- Dining by Traffic Light: Green Is for Go, Red Is for Stop
- Greger’s Daily Dozen Checklist
- What Are the Best Foods?
Check out my other talks here:
- Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death (2012)
- More than an Apple a Day: Preventing the Most Common Diseases (2013)
- From Table to Able: Combating Disabling Diseases with Food (2014)
- How Not to Die: The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, & Reversing Our Top 15 Killers (2016)
- Evidence-Based Weight Loss (2019)
If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my videos for free by clicking here.