A review of the evidence on the effects of coconut oil on weight loss and belly fat.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
Have you heard that there was something special about those medium chain fatty acids, though? Check out What About Coconuts, Coconut Milk, and Coconut Oil MCTs? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/What-…).
What about the bump in good cholesterol? Got a video on that too! Coconut Oil and the Boost in HDL “Good” Cholesterol (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cocon…).
Other coconut oil videos include:
• Does Coconut Oil Cure Alzheimer’s? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does…)
• Does Coconut Oil Clog Arteries? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does…)
• Eczema Treatment with Coconut Oil, Mineral Oil, vs. Vaseline (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Eczem…)
What can really help with weight loss?
Eating More to Weigh Less (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eati…)
Paleopoo: What We Can Learn from Fossilized Feces (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/pale…)
The Role of Diet vs. Exercise in the Obesity Epidemic (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-…)
Eat More Calories in the Morning to Lose Weight (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eat-…)
Cut the Calorie-Rich-And-Processed Foods (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/cut-…)
Evidence-Based Weight Loss – Live Presentation (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/evid…)
Weight loss is also the subject of my book, How Not to Diet (all proceeds from my books are donataed to charity). (https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to…)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flash… and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flash…. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_…
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution! -Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.” Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc… To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: greekfood-tamystika / Pixabay
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/
• How to Survive a Pandemic: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-to-sur…
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to…
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/