What effect do artificial sweeteners such as sucralose (Splenda), saccharin (Sweet & Low), aspartame (Nutrasweet), and acesulfame K (Sweet One) have on our gut bacteria?
Can’t get enough of artificial sweeteners? Check out:
- Diet Soda and Preterm Birth
- Aspartame-Induced Fibromyalgia
- Aspartame and the Brain
- Does Aspartame Cause Cancer?
- Does Diet Soda Increase Stroke Risk as Much as Regular Soda?
Erythritol May Be a Sweet Antioxidant, but there are some caveats for it and other nontoxic, low-calorie sweeteners. See:
Does it really matter if our gut flora get disrupted? You’re in for a surprise. See:
- Microbiome: The Inside Story
- Microbiome: We Are What They Eat
- Prebiotics: Tending Our Inner Garden
- How to Reduce Carcinogenic Bile Acid Production
- Putrefying Protein and “Toxifying” Enzymes
- What’s Your Gut Microbiome Enterotype?
- How to Change Your Enterotype
- Paleopoo: What We Can Learn from Fossilized Feces
If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my videos for free by clicking here.