Given the power of chronotherapy—how the same dose of the same drugs taken at a different time of day can have such different effects—it’s no surprise that chronoprevention approaches, like meal timing, can also make a difference.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and receive recipes developed by the NF staff that will fuel your fitness goals.
Wasn’t that chemo data wild? Amazing! And if you are on blood pressure medications, please share this video with your physician to ask to see if your timing is optimized.
We kicked off this chronobiology series by looking into the importance of breakfast when it comes to weight loss: Is Breakfast the Most Important Meal for Weight Loss? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-br…) and Is Skipping Breakfast Better for Weight Loss? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-sk…).
I didn’t want it to be all chrono all the time in case there were some people uninterested in the topic, explaining, for example, why the previous video was on an unrelated topic (The Effects of Hormones in Milk on Infertility in Women (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-e…)). I’ll keep doing that interspersing back and forth, but here’s the list of the rest of this punctuated series still to come:
• Eat More Calories in the Morning to Lose Weight (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eat-m…)
• Breakfast Like a King, Lunch Like a Prince, Dinner Like a Pauper (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/break…)
• Eat More Calories in the Morning Than the Evening (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eat-m…)
• How Circadian Rhythms Affect Blood Sugar Levels (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-c…)
• How to Sync Your Central Circadian Clock to Your Peripheral Clocks (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-t…)
• The Metabolic Harms of Night Shifts and Irregular Meals (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-m…)
• Shedding Light on Shedding Weight (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/shedd…)
• Why People Gain Weight in the Fall (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-p…) Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chron… and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it. Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chron…. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics. If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_… Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution! -Michael Greger, MD FACLM Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.” Image credit: Jan Vašek / pixabay https://www.NutritionFacts.org
• Subscribe: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• NEW BOOK – How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to…
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NutritionFac…
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/nutrition_facts…
• Podcast: https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/