Join Dr. Klaper and PlantPure Communities in awakening tomorrow’s young physicians to the power of plant-based healing.
All who seek to heal — patients and practitioners alike — must start with the reality that our daily food choices can either foster good health or spawn dangerous diseases. Yet, most Western-trained physicians practice medicine as if what our patients are eating has no effect upon the diseases they seek to cure. Why is the power of applied nutrition not being taught in medical schools to our young physicians?
You can help us remedy this archaic omission in medical education. After a lengthy career in clinical medicine, Dr. Klaper (see his bio here) is excited to announce that together with PlantPure Communities (PPC), the Moving Medicine Forward initiative is bringing the revolutionary ideas of disease reversal through plant-based nutrition and lifestyle medicine to medical schools across the country.
Moving Medicine Forward, a Dr. Klaper and PlantPure Communities Medical School Nutrition Education Initiative, will change the way future doctors treat their patients, which will improve the health of future generations — and you can help!
Your donation will power four aspects of the Initiative aimed to foster the nutritional awakening of Western medicine, including:
- Research —to clarify the current and planned programs across the country, learning what’s working and what’s needed to make applied nutrition part of every medical school curriculum.
- Creation of Medical School Nutrition Courses — to establish a core curriculum to teach medical students about the power of nutrition to prevent and reverse disease.
- Creation of Toolkits for Student Leaders — a collection of online resources, insights and strategies to empower nutritionally-aware students and encourage networking with like-minded professionals in their community and worldwide.
- Dr. Klaper’s live presentations at medical schools throughout North America on the power of the patient’s diet to either cause or reverse diseases and the promotion of Nutrition Interest Groups at each school, where the practical uses of applied nutrition are explored weekly through clinical rounds, Skype presentations, journal clubs, etc.
- … and, surely, much more, as bright energetic medical students become involved and contribute their own experiences and ideas!
This Initiative is created through partnership between Dr. Klaper and PlantPure Communities (PPC), the 501c3 nonprofit organization founded by Nelson Campbell, son of Dr. T. Colin Campbell, author of The China Study. PPC will be providing administrative, organizational and strategic support to make these efforts even more effective.
Together — and with your help — we can change the way our medical system treats patients, transforming it from a system of disease-care to one of true health-care. Stay up to date with this Initiative by following Dr. Klaper on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and click here to make a donation to help us awaken Western medicine to the importance of nutrition.